The Moral Policing Douche Bags

Moral and policing, the two words put together gives anyone the right to question you, and your acts. Wonder who found the usage of these words, but people all over the world learnt to utilise it well. Under the pretext of moral policing, ghastly things have been done, and violence of unpardonable nature has been leashed onto the society. Who is to be held accountable for the atrocious crimes done on behalf of moral policing, when a whole village or society claims its shares?
The discipline, moral values, rules, ethics, culture, etc. with which a person grows differs from person to person. Just because the beliefs you are inculcated with is not similar to the one you see, doesn't mean it is wrong or inappropriate. The point of view is what segregates us. Any human being born is brought up with their own set of moral values. As we grow, we stick to some of it, and to some we don't, while we bring in a lot of changes to it, based on the exposure and experience we gain from the world around us.
To beat the crimes of the society, we ourselves have created a department called the police, or cops, as known in many western countries. It is entirely the job of the police officers to catch criminals, stop robberies, violence, inhuman acts, etc. apart from the other numerous responsibilities they are given to make the society safe and peaceful. This practice has been followed from generations, and we still have a police department in every vicinity.
The question that arises here is that amidst all these arrangements, why do we have people who take it upon themselves to curb the society of its moral and social evils? Where do they sprout from? Who gave them the rights to tell anyone what is right or wrong? Who are these people, who think they are delivering justice to the society by their nasty acts? Did the justice department send them amongst us, to check and control the viciousness that exists amidst us? Has the CIA/MI6 send them in disguise as civilians, to catch the rogue?Or did our worst fears come true, of aliens invading our planet? Can it really be aliens who decided to punish the human beings for what they did - good or bad? Well, at least I wish it was aliens, because humans killing other humans is no longer a new trend. It has become monotonous and inevitable. It would be a welcome change if aliens decided who are the beauty and the beast, instead of humans.
The media has been kind enough to publish the condemnable acts of the moral policers via all kinds of forum. However, all that is lacking in those headlines is the face of the so called saviour of the society from all the injustice and evils that lurk in the dark. It is not possible to point your finger at any particular person, as it is never one person who takes the initiative to make things right(according to him). There will definitely be few hands behind it. Whenever an act of moral policing is committed, subsequently a rebellion kicks off, which spreads like wildfire, and innumerous people from across the country come in support of it. The message given to the moral policers is clear, "the world is changing, accept it and move along the change. If you don't like it, don't stop others from walking ahead. We will be just the way we are and the way we like, you are nobody to say it is wrong and change us according to your point of view."
Either the so called moral policing group should be blonde(no offence to any blonde woman), dumb, or total douche bags. They are definitely not God, if that is what they think of themselves. Well, the word
God reminds me of an incident that happened with me. Let me tell you the story.
I don't remember the month and the date exactly, but I believe it is precisely 3 months back. I had visited a temple in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, along with my mom. As I am allergic to dust, I usually cover my head and mouth with a scarf or a stole or dupatta, however you like to call it. As I entered the temple, I uncovered my mouth and let the stole cover my head as a sign of respect to the idols of God inside, which is a common practice all across west and north India. I offered my prayers to the deities, and the last deity was of Lord Krishna(Hindu God), in a small enclosure. Since it was time for the evening puja, the doors to the deity was closed. We had to wait until it opened to catch a glimpse of the divine aura. As I waiting in line, the drums were beating to the rhythm of the mantra chanted, and few people had already gathered around to imbibe the positivity. Note that till now I have not removed the stole covering my head.
Few minutes later, the small doors that kept us away from seeing the deity opened. While some were praying, some others were trying to catch God from running away(pun intended). I was in a temple, and I had come here to pray, so I had my eyes shut tight, head bowed a little and with hands joined together in prayer, when I heard  a voice call out "Madam." At first I didn't turn back as I was having a silent conversation with God. Again I heard a voice disturbing my connection with God, and calling "Madam." This time, I turned around to see who was that manner less person, who had the audacity to raise his voice above normal, and call someone within the sanctum, ruining the aura that had engulfed the enclosure. I was in for a rude shock, when I realized that person was calling me. Yes, me! I had never seen that person before, I didn't know him, and I knew very well that I didn't commit any crime for the police to follow me and catch me during my prayers. Then who was he? Why was he calling me Madam? Any guesses? Even I didn't know why, until he told me to remove the scarf from my head. Rofl...
You heard me right. He called me to ask me to remove the dupatta from my head as it was a Hindu temple, and one should wear scarfs over their head only if they are a Muslim(according to the orthodox Hindus). I was furious at his demand, and refused to listen to him. But he relentlessly asked me to remove the head scarf, which I finally had to, as I wanted to avoid a commotion in the temple. As soon as I uncovered my head, the guy's face showed victory written all over it, like that of a King who just won a battle.
I then ignored the guy - the so called moral policing officer, and turned my attention towards God. It became difficult for me to concentrate as my whole body was shaking in anger, but the beautiful face of Lord Krishna, with his mischievous smile helped me calm down. I then asked God to forgive the idiot who was the torch bearer of moral policing; finished my prayers and moved to the section where the priest who conducted the evening puja was giving the holy water, and the sacred sandalwood paste with some flowers. As the crowd had diminished by now, I asked the priest if it was written in any holy book that a woman should not wear a head scarf while entering a temple? He denied of having any such rules written anywhere in the Hindu sacred books. It made me happy to know that. So I said, "okay, so its not written anywhere, but people brought such practices into existence, and all have been following it?!". The priest meekly said "Yes." I also told him that people in North India normally cover their heads when they enter any temple, so why is it a crime if we do so in South India? To which he said ,"its ok to do so in the North as its their culture, but here in South if you cover your head, it means you are a Muslim, and Muslims are not allowed to enter into a temple." This answer of the priest really flabbergasted me.
Imagine these words coming from the mouth of a learned scholar, a person who is considered close to God. I wanted to laugh at his face and tell him that he is ignoramus. But I refrained myself from doing so, and walked towards the exit of the temple. Once out, I told my mom the thoughts I had suppressed from 
blurting within the walls of the temple, concerning the moral policing guy and the priest; and also of how I wanted to give them a piece of my mind. I then decided what I wanted to do regarding it, and told her that I will write about it on my blog. (Obviously, because I cannot go to the police station, and complain that some douche bag asked me to remove my head scarf in the temple. Even if I did, things would have taken an ugly turn, which to the best of my knowledge was good to avoid.) Saying so, I let the tiny flames burn within me until now, till I could tell you about my first experience of moral policing.
You will find such moral policing morons in every shape & size jumping in front of you out of nowhere. Either you stand against them or give in, the choice is yours. 

Comments

Popular Posts