How I met my Guru

Every person is destined to have a Guru in their life. How they find their Guru, and choose to follow them is different for every individual. I met my Guru when I was 28. It was a divine intervention an eye-opening spiritual experience. I was filled with positive vibes the moment I got a glimpse of him. He had a mystic aura. I was blessed  to have a personal interaction with him. Myself, and my husband were waiting in the living room of the house, where we were supposed to meet him. In sometime, we saw him coming from the main entrance, and going directly to his room. My husband started literally trembling out of fear and respect. I didn't understand the reasons for my husband's reaction. I was confused, and kept asking my husband 'what are you fearing for, when you didn't do any mistakes? Why should you fear anyone?' My husband ignored my dilemma and just said, you don't know the Guru, so just wait till he calls you in. So I waited patiently until the Guru called us in. The  moment when I stepped into the room, was the turning point of my life. Why the turning point, because the Guru could have even refused to see me, which he didn't of course, and I am really grateful to the Guru for that. The Guru was sitting on a cot, and we sat on the floor in front of him. There was dead silence except for the honking of vehicles outside, and the sound of  crickets. The room we were seated in, was a room filled with positive energy. It was so strong that it pulled me towards it like magnet. Slowly, I started relaxing and feeling light, as if I was floating. Just then, the Guru started speaking, and we became active listeners. The Guru asked me my name and my date of birth. Then he closed his eyes and was in a state of meditation. We watched him in silence. When he opened his eyes, it was like we were watching a God who came out of his trance. He then spoke few things which were very personal to my family, and not know to outsiders, as a matter of fact not even known to me or my husband, which bewildered me. I was wondering how he could have know facts about my family. I think I forgot  I was sitting in front of  the Guru, who is not an ordinary person, but a blessed divine being. Then the Guru started telling me about my husband, and the Guru-shishya relationship they shared. I was listening to all of it with wonder and awe. The Guru then asked me 'do you know now why your husband fears so much in my presence?' This time I understood and knew why, because even I shared the same feeling that my husband displayed earlier. I never realized that all this while tears were welling up in my eyes. I am not a person who cries soon, especially in front of others. But, that day I was not feeling shy or guilty from letting my emotions run high. The moment the Guru stepped outside his room, tears flowed down my cheeks. My husband was surprised to see me cry & asked the reason behind it. I expressed fear, and asked him to explain why he didn't introduce me to the Guru early in the marriage, and why so late. To which he just asked me to wipe my tears, to calm down and sit quiet, which I obviously did. Few minutes later, the Guru entered the room, and gave me some medicine to be taken immediately, which I obeyed. He then asked us not to worry about anything, and said 'now that you have come to me, things will all be fine'. Those were the golden words for me. We prostrated at his feet seeking his blessings. We then gave him the sweets, chocolates and few other things we had got for him. The Guru accepted it, and that was another happy moment for us, since he could have refused it too. Finally, the moment came when we had to take leave of the Guru. I felt it was the most excruciating thing for me, as I never wanted to leave. I wanted to be by his side all day, listening to the knowledge and wisdom he imparts, and also by serving him(Karma yoga). I had never felt like this before after meeting any spiritual person. I knew then, I had found my 'Guru'. My joy knew no bounds,  but there was also a regret of not meeting him much earlier in my life. So I consoled myself, 'better late than never'. On our way back home, I was only talking about what the Guru said, and how positive and energetic I felt after meeting him. My husband was very happy hearing me speak so enthusiastically of tour Guru. I just couldn't stop talking about our Guru even after reaching home. It was like I was spellbound. The day I met my Guru became the most unforgettable, memorable, magical, spiritual day of my life. It was meant to be! In fact, even before I met my Guru, I had spoken to him over the phone, and always wondered when I would get to meet him in person. Finally the day dawned upon me, & it turned out to be the turning point of my life. A milestone etched in the memory of my life.
Guruve Thunai!!!!

Comments

  1. Very neatly explained your expressions and your expression was absolutely correct. Hope that should be your best moment in life. Don't leave your GURU at whatever the cost. Enjoy and all the very best !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Guruve Thunai !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post your valuable feedbacks/comments here.

Popular Posts